S/C LONG SHANK DYNAMO EYEBOLT METRIC THREAD Ref: 267-7
- Material: High tensile C1045.
- Self Colour finish.
- Electro Galvanised finish available on request.
- To be used for vertical lifting only.
- Marked with size, WLL, ID mark & CE.
- Supplied with an EC declaration of conformity
Instructions for use Eye bolts and eye nuts should be inspected before use to ensure that:
- all markings are legible;
- eye bolts and eye nuts are free from nicks, gouges and cracks;
- make sure the thread is undamaged and clean;
- an eye bolt or eye nut with the correct Working Load Limit has been selected with respect to load to be lifted;
- eye bolts or eye nuts may not be heat treated as this may affect their Working Load Limit;
- never repair or reshape an eye bolt or eye nut by welding, heating or bending as this may affect the Working Load Limit;
- never grind, machine or cut an eyebolt or eye nut;
- when used as lifting devices, the eye bolt or eye nut should always be screwed into the object to be lifted in such a way that they fit properly against the object to be lifted;
- Working Load Limits are valid for in-line pull only and have to be reduced for non-axial loading, for further details please refer to the standard, DIN 580 for eye bolts or DIN 582 for eye nuts.
It is required that the products are regularly inspected and that the inspection should take place in accordance with the safety standards given in the country of use. This is required because the products in use may be affected by wear, misuse, overloading etc. with a consequence of deformation and alteration of the material structure.
Inspection should take place at least every six months and even more frequently when the products are used in severe operating conditions.